Sunday 25 October 2015

Masala sweet corn chat!

Hi All,

After a looong time, I thought today I really had some free time. And hence I will utilise this time to clear the backlog of my recipes. But hahaha never had that happened.. Whenever I set out to write recipes, there emerges some or the other kind of work. This time we had to goto a birthday party, we had a really nice time but lost all that precious time of mine :( but nevermind I will write this one and complete the rest some other day.

Do you guys like chaat? which one is your favourite?? I think being indian and being brought up eating tangy food, chaat are everyone's favourite. Aloo chaat, aloo-chana chaat, papri chaat etc etc, the list is endless. Also it is really easy to make your own version of chaat, just mix some of your favourite ingredients together and you can have your own chaat your way.

Here I am going to share one of such self made chaat recipes. Its called masala sweet corn chaat.
Sweet corns have always been my favourite they are healthy and nice to eat as well. Hence I try to put them in possibly each and every item I can. This chaat recipe is easy to make, healthy as well as filling as well. It is a bit unconventional chaat because it should be served warm as compared to the most which are served cold.

Lets get started

Ingredients:


Sweet Corn1/2 cup
Chopped onionshalf
Chopped tomato1
Chopped cucumberhalf
Desiccated coconut 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds1tsp
Curry leaves6/7/2015
Chilli powder1tsp
Jeera powder1tsp
Garam masala powder1tsp
Lemon juice2tbsp


Method:
  1. Take a pan and put a tiny bit of oil in it
  2. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds
  3. When mustard seeds crackle, add curry leaves
  4. Immediately add corn and saute
  5. Add salt, chilli powder, jeera powder and garam masala and toss
  6. Switch off the gas and let mixture cool a bit and add dessicated coconut
  7. Put the corn mixture in a bowl and add chopped onion
  8. Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes and lime juice
  9. Serve while still warm
  10. Enjoy :)

Lemme know how you like the recipe.
Keep eating, Keep reading!

Cheerios!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment