Thursday 7 May 2015

Fiery prawns


Hello guys,

I hope you are all doing good,cooking and enjoying life as I am :) I wonder how tired I am after I come back from work each day and how I get into my kitchen and the tiredness just flies away. How the idea of having a sumptuous home cooked food energizes me to the core, followed by some innovation and the result is satiating good foooooood.

Talking of innovation has it ever happened to you that you pick up some ingredients from your kitchen, throw them together and it comes out as an amazing dish. I am sure it has happened to you too. Today I am sharing one of those recipes with you. I hope you will enjoy it. I have called it fiery prawns because the first time I made them they were really really hot.

Ingredients:

  1. Prawns peeled -10-15 better if you can get cooked ones
  2. Green chilies
  3. Curry leaves
  4. Thinly sliced ginger
  5. Chopped garlic
  6. Dried red chillies
  7. Turmeric powder
  8. Coriander powder
  9. Chili powder
  10. Garam Masala
  11. Lemon juice
  12. Salt
  13. Fresh coriander
Method:

  1. If you have got uncooked prawns, just soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes, that should be enough to cook them.
  2. Take a pan and add some vegetable oil about 2 tablespoons
  3. Now add curry leaves, green chilies, sliced ginger and garlic and saute until the garlic is brown
  4. Add about 2 dried red chilies and saute for 5 secs
  5. Now add salt and the spices, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala, chili powder , each half tsp and let the masala cook. I added some fish masala as well but don't bother if you don't have it
  6. Now toss in the cooked prawns. Cook it for 2 minutes on medium flame
  7. Add freshly chopped coriander and 1tsp lemon juice
  8. Serve hot as a snack or with chapati
Enjoy! :) See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment