Tuesday 24 March 2015

Navratri Special... Sabudana Tikki :)


Hi All.. Happy Navratris to everyone. Navratris always bring festivity, new hope and lots of good food with it. Many of us keep fasts on most of the days but the food prepared at the end of the day is what makes me happy the most. We all know the famous tradition of the "kanjakas", "kanya poojan" etc as it is called in different  parts of India, where young girls are invited to every household  and given lots of good food, presents , money and what not hahaha.. I absolutely used to love it. I used to wake up at 6 a.m in the morning (unlike my normal behavior ) and used to be super excited about going to the neighborhood and getting pampered.. :) :)

That took me back to my childhood :) One more thing which I can relate to both Navratris and my childhood is "Sabudana tikki". My mother used to take fasts on most of the days of Navratris and she used to cook these tikkis to keep her full. and guess what?? I, my brother and my father ended up eating all those.. haha poor Mom ;).. I guess that's how Godess Durga is.. symbol of sacrifice.

Moving on.. Here I have the recipe of Sabudana tikki which I made this Navratris and had great fun eating them.


To make these super simple dish, we need

Ingredients:
  1. Sabudana soaked overnight to make it fluffy.
  2. 2-3 boiled mashed potatoes.
  3. Chopped green chillies
  4. Freshly chopped green coriander
  5. Juice of half a lime
  6. Roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
  7. Salt to taste

Method:
  1. Combine all the above ingredients and mash it lightly by hand.
  2. Take a non-stick pan and heat it with some oil.
  3. Take a small portion of the mixture and form a ball
  4. Flatten the ball so that it rests on the pan.
  5. When the pan is hot put the flattened ball(tikki) on the pan to grill
  6. Keep grilling until the tikkis are golden brown in color
  7. Serve hot with green coriander chutney
  8. Enjoy :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment