Thursday 25 September 2014

Chicken goes green.. Amazing chicken in coriander gravy

Hi Friends!

I think I am really too excited about having my own blog and writing to everyone what I feel. This is becoming like an addiction now.

Its good in a way because it is keeping me away from FB and TV :)

Have you ever heard of win-win??? I am sure you have haha. Well in my cooking terms I would say when you cook something in very little time, very less hassle and the dish comes out to be amazing :)
I think just describe a win-win-win... :P

Lets quickly go to this win-win-win recipe. The recipe I am going to describe below is also my husband's favorite which gives me all the more pleasure to share it with you guys.

Ingredients:
  1. Chicken                           250gms
  2. Coriander                        1 bunch
  3. Green Chilies                   2
  4. Garlic Cloves                   3-4
  5. Ginger                             1 small piece
  6. Plum tomato                    1
  7. Cashews                         10-12
  8. Curd                               2 tablespoons
  9. Redchilli powder             1 teaspoon
  10. Coriander powder          1 teaspoon
  11. Cumin powder               1 teaspoon
  12. Turmeric powder           1 teaspoon
  13. Garam masala              1 teaspoon
  14. Ginger garlic paste        1 teaspoon
  15. Pepper                           a pinch
  16. Bay leaves                     1-2
  17. Cloves                           1-2
  18. Cinnamon stick             1 small
  19. Black Cardamom          1
  20. Salt                                to taste
  21. Water                            1 cup
  22. Cooking Oil                   3 table spoons                              

Method:

  1. Take a blender and add coriander, chilies, garlic, ginger, cashews, tomato ,little salt and water and blend.
  2. Take the chicken and add cut it into pieces.Then add curd, red chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder,salt, 2 teaspoons oil and let it marinate for half an hour.
  3. Take a cooking pan, add the rest of oil, let it heat up
  4. Add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and cumin powder and stir.
  5. Add Chicken to the pan, cover the pan and let the chicken cook.
  6. After the chicken is cooked properly, add the blended mixture and garam masala.
  7. Let both cook together for a while.
  8. Add water if necessary.
  9. Serve hot with chapattis :)


Tips:

  1. Vegetarians don't get upset, try the same with paneer.. it works wonders :)


4 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, can it be done similarly with lamb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume so.. you can try and tell me how it was?

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like paneer spinach to me, replacing paneer with chicken :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you need to cook the recipe to know the difference. There is no spinach in the recipe :P

      Delete